I think the total should be about 25 greater because I have occasionally deleted a comment in my blog.
It's usually because of one of the following reasons:
- You wrote a comment that is longer than the post being commented on yet not related to the post being commented on. When this happens, I'll let you know via private email.
- Being disagreeable for the mere sake of being disagreeable. It's not hard to tell when that happens. If you disagree, explain your disagreement, but be courteous and civil about it. You just might change some minds your way.
- Including links that take readers away from the post. If you include a link to something that you believe is beneficial or otherwise useful to the blogger's readers or the ActiveRain community at large, make sure that your link opens in a new window.
- Including HTML code that is five miles long in your one-sentence comment. Read your own comment after your post it, and learn how to edit it if necessary.
- Your comment is trying to start an argument about something that is not related to the blog post itself, or it's the continuation of an argument where all the facts are already out there and nothing new is being added. I have much better things to do at that point, and you probably do, too. When this happens, I might disable comments, as I did on one Featured Post early last year. After 225 comments with the last 100 being between you and me with nothing new being said, well, it's time to move on. If you refuse to, well, it's my blog and I can force both of us to move on by disabling comments. This is unfortunate because future readers who might have something new to add cannot do so.
- Your comment has no basis in fact yet is injurious to my business. I leave this determination to my attorneys. There are two ways to go here: sue you or delete your comment. Deleting your comment is much easier, less expensive, and less time-consuming.
- It is spam from a member. I deleted a comment of this nature recently but also informed the commenter about his violation of the ActiveRain TOS and that I had deleted his comment. His two word reply: "Thank you."
- It is spam from a non-member. Here I actually don't delete your comment. Rather I use the "Report a concern" button. That allows the ActiveRain staff to block your IP address, at which point they will delete your comment AND give me 10 ActiveRain points for reporting your spam to them.
One of the things I love about ActiveRain is the normally civil nature of the blogs and comments here. I think the 90/10 rule applies here, maybe even the 95/5 rule.
The other thing that I love is that I get lots of ideas by reading the blogs of others. Sometimes I'll even write my own blog post using that idea, and I would suggest that you do the same, especially if you have a diametrically opposing viewpoint.
Try RusselRayPhotos.com for inexpensive, royalty-free photos.
Twenty recent posts
- San Diego home inspections with Russel Ray — No wonder there were no pictures in the MLS
- Reblog from Dan Ganfield — System and component useful life
- Reblog from Dan Ganfield — Maintain the value of your home - Suggested home maintenance program
- San Diego home inspections with Russel Ray — Selling your home? Look at it from a different perspective!
- San Diego home inspections with Russel Ray — I'd like to think that you're a nice person
- Reblog from Dan Ganfield — Is a home inspection like an auto inspection?
- San Diego home inspections with Russel Ray — Injured in the line of duty
- Fun with Russel Ray — There's a party going on for Bob Stewart, who is retiring
- Halls of History — Does history really repeat itself?
- San Diego home inspections with Russel Ray — I know something about everything and everything about nothing
- San Diego home inspections with Russel Ray — As a Client, you have access to my Real Estate Solutions online library
- Fun with Russel Ray — Yeah! A day off!
- A review of soci@l: There are only so many hours in a day. Use them wisely.
- Russel Ray Photos — Leaving pets in your vehicle
- Russel Ray Photos — The power of flowers
- Russel Ray Photos — Our little flamingos are growing up fast
- It takes a village to put criminals out of business.
- Fun with Russel Ray — Just $41,950 and she's yours!
- Fun with Russel Ray — Red, white, and blue, just for YOU!
- San Diego home inspections with Russel Ray — I'll throw some lettuce out for Scotty
My Favorite ActiveRain Groups
If you are considering a Traditional or Short Sale of your home in Phoenix, Scottsdale or any location in Maricopa County Arizona, you owe it to yourself to talk with Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty to determine whether Tony and Suzanne Marriott are the best real estate Brokers in the Phoenix and Scottsdale metropolitan area to help you with the Successful Sale of your home.
Tony and Suzanne have personally Listed, Sold and Closed more than a hundred Short Sales with the highest list to close rate in the Phoenix Metro Area!
Tony Marriott - Chief Executive Officer - Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty
Suzanne Marriott - Chief Learning Officer - Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty