"2) Your house is a bargain and you won't lower the price - Even though everyone who views your home and your Realtor tells you that your price is too high you just know they are wrong. Your house is worth it. The real estate expert who is in the trenches day in and day out does not know squat."
Fortunately we don't run into this issue with Short Sale Sellers.
Have you had your home on the market for awhile with little activity? Are the showings happening less and less frequently? You may be a home seller that is out of touch with the market.
1) You have the best house - Despite all of your competition. Despite all of the other great homes on the market you just know that you have the best house. It does not matter than your competitors home is bigger, newer and more updated. Your home is still simply the best.
2) Your house is a bargain and you won't lower the price - Even though everyone who views your home and your Realtor tells you that your price is too high you just know they are wrong. Your house is worth it. The real estate expert who is in the trenches day in and day out does not know squat.
3) Competition? What competition? - You fail to acknowledge your competitors. It does not matter where the other homes in your neighborhood are priced. After all, your home is the best right? Buyers look at more than one home when buying a home. If your competition is better than you those homes will sell first.
4) More advertising is the key - It does not matter that your home is overpriced a little bit. More advertising will overcome that. Buyers view many homes when purchasing. The more you advertise the more you might be helping your competitors. Your home in the Sunday newspaper might drum up some buyers but they will also look at the other homes for sale in your neighborhood. If they are are better then you are in trouble.
5) You expect to get too much for improvements - "Let's see, we spent $50,000 on improvements. We deserve $100,000 more for our home!" It does not always work that way. You don't always get dollar for dollar on home improvements. Sometimes you only get 50 cents on the dollar.
6) Your Realtor is an idiot - Even though you may have only sold one or two homes in your life and your Realtor has sold dozens or perhaps even hundreds you know more. You are more in tune with the market than your agent who deals in it day in and day out.
7) The market is stupid - It does not matter what the market is telling you about your home. Even though your home has not sold the market is wrong. If any of the above sound a little bit like you then you might be out of touch with the market. The market dictates what your house is worth. You don't.
If you are considering a Traditional or Short Sale of your home in Phoenix, Scottsdale or any location in Maricopa County Arizona, you owe it to yourself to talk with Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty to determine whether Tony and Suzanne Marriott are the best real estate Brokers in the Phoenix and Scottsdale metropolitan area to help you with the Successful Sale of your home.
Tony and Suzanne have personally Listed, Sold and Closed more than a hundred Short Sales with the highest list to close rate in the Phoenix Metro Area!
Tony Marriott - Chief Executive Officer - Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty
Suzanne Marriott - Chief Learning Officer - Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty