This series focuses on effective and efficient methods of meeting with Sellers who want to sell Phoenix area Homes and Real Estate, determining whether there is a good fit between the Seller and the prospective Listing Broker, and the technology that is available to streamline the process.
The FIRST Telephone Appointment
The "agenda" for the first telephone appointment is straightforward, but critical, in determining the appropriate next steps. Here is what needs to be accomplished:
- Exchange full and complete contact information - names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Data collection about the subject property - use the MLS listing profile as a template for discussion.
- Determining motivation level of the Seller - just thinking about it or relocating?
- Discussing what the Seller expects/needs to net on the sale
- Making sure any questions the Seller has for the Listing Broker are answered.
- Defining next steps - the CMA Review.
The telephone appointment is the opportunity for the Seller and the Listing Broker to exchange critical information, without which the process cannot move forward. From the perspective of the Phoenix area Listing Agent, full contact and property information are essential. The end result should be a completed "Arizona Association Cover Sheet" and "MLS Residential Profile Sheet".
- What is the amount of the current mortgage(s) on the property?
- Prepay penalties?
- Interest rates?
- Condition of the property on a scale of 1-10?
- Anything "unusual" about the property?
- Why is the Seller selling?
- Is it due to a "must move" situation, or a "would like to if I can get my price" situation?
- What is the Seller expecting to net on the sale - often expressed by the Seller as the Sales Price which then needs to be translated into net proceeds by preparing a "Seller Net Sheet".
- What questions does the Seller have at this point?
To conclude the call, clearly define next steps:
The Listing Agent is going to prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) based on the information provided by the Seller about the property and forward it to the Seller for review. (The sample CMA linked to in the previous sentence is for a property we listed and sold within 30 days in the fall of 2006. It had been previously listed by another agent hence the 163 total days on market. This information is public record therefore there is no disclosing of confidential information by providing this sample. It has been updated to reflect the current market activity in that neighborhood.)
For Haven Express this CMA includes a Top Producer 8i generated CMA with property analysis and a summary of the elements of our marketing activities, along with a 1 line CMA from the MLS, a copy of the property Tax Records, and a Seller Net Sheet based on the suggested List Price and reflecting the total commission. We also include a link to the "comps" so that the Seller can view the additional photos and virtual tours associated with the properties.
The information needs to be reviewed in detail by the Seller, and then discussed with the Listing Broker to ensure complete understanding. The day and time for this call needs to be scheduled before the end of the current call. Ideally, this call is scheduled for later the same day, and should take about 5-10 minutes IF the Seller has reviewed the CMA information.
The next part in this series will cover the CMA Review and Next Steps, including sample scripts for different scenarios. Stay tuned!
**** UPDATED **** Listing Homes for Sale - Part 3 of a series
If you are considering a move to Phoenix you owe it to yourself to visit Verrado as part of your home tour. If you are considering buying a home or real estate in Verrado you owe it to yourself to talk with Haven Express at Keller Williams Realty Professional Partners to determine whether Tony Marriott is the best real estate Broker in Verrado to help you with the purchase of your home.
If you are considering a Traditional or Short Sale of your home in Phoenix, Scottsdale or any location in Maricopa County Arizona, you owe it to yourself to talk with the BVO Luxury Group @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty to determine whether Tony and Suzanne Marriott are the best real estate Brokers in the Phoenix and Scottsdale metropolitan area to help you with the Successful Sale of your home.
Tony and Suzanne have personally Listed, Sold and Closed more than a hundred Short Sales with the highest list to close rate in the Phoenix Metro Area!
Tony Marriott - Chief Operating Officer - BVO Luxury Group @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty
Suzanne Marriott - Chief Learning Officer - BVO Luxury Group @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty